Our hands are used to do lots of chores which over time can diminish in overall outlook. To maintain beautiful looking hands, here are a few tips to follow:
- USE MOISTURISER REGULARLY: Invest in quality hand moisturiser and apply it on hand after washing the hands. Take note that the consistency of the moisturiser is dependent on the weather condition. You can use a non-greasy moisturiser during summer but opt for something with a thicker consistency during winter as the skin tend to dry out during winter.
- INDULGE IN A MANICURE: Manicure helps your hand be cleaned, exfoliated, and massaged. Indulge in a manicure at least once or twice a month.
- WASHING YOUR HANDS: Avoid washing your hands in too hot or too cold water as they tend to damage the skin. Instead use lukewarm water and also avoid washing your hand with regular dish washer.
- EXFOLIATE: Exfoliation helps to remove dead skin cells. If you can’t afford one, you can easily make yours at home. Mix a teaspoon of sugar and coconut oil or olive oil with juice of half a lemon/lime. Scrub this all over your hand and rinse with lukewarm water then pat dry.
- MASSAGE YOUR HAND: Do this for at least five minutes at night using your moisturiser. If you have very dry skin, you can mix your moisturizer with vaseline for added protection through the night.
- PROTECT YOUR HAND: Ensure you are wearing rubber gloves when doing chores like washing dishes or other chores that allow your hands interact with chemicals.
PHOTO CREDIT: Pinterest