Jollof rice is one of the most popular rice recipes eaten in west africa. However, each of the African countries have their version of how jollof rice is or should be prepared.
In this post, we will be focusing on the Nigerian version of Jollof rice.
This recipe serving is for 5 people.
- 5 fresh tomatoes
- 3 red bell pepper
- 4 Habanero pepper
- 3 large onion
- 5 tbsp tin tomato paste
- 5 tbsp vegetable oil
- Blended crayfish(optional)
- 5 cups of long grain parboiled rice
- 2 cups of chicken or beef stock
- 1 tbsp seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 single bay leaves
- 1/2 tsp curry powder, thyme, garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp ginger powder
- Blend the tomatoes, red bell pepper, habanero pepper, large onion together until a smooth paste is achieved, then set aside.
- parboil the rice for about 10 minutes and drain the water in a sieve. Wash the rice thoroughly to remove excess starch and then set aside.
- Heat vegetable oil in a medium-sized pot and add chopped oil and allow to fry for about 5 minutes.
- pour the tomato paste and fry for 10 minutes making sure to keep stirring to avoid burning.
- Add the blended mixture from step 1 above together with crayfish, seasoning, curry, thyme, bay leave. Mix together and fry for about 20 minutes making sure to keep frying to avoid burning.
- Add chicken or beef stock and salt, stir and allow to cook for another 10 minute before adding in the parboiled rice and more water if needed.
- Reduce the heat on the cooker and cover pot to prevent heat from escaping.
- Cook rice on low heat for about 30 minutes. Once its cooked, mix thoroughly to combine the ingredients.
- Cover the pot and allow rice cook for an extra 10 minutes.
N.B: This jollof rice can be served with plantain, salad, moimoi(Beans pudding), chicken,e.t.c.
IMAGE SOURCE: estheradeniyi.com
I am reawlly impressed with yoour writing skills and also with the
layout oon your blog. Is thijs a paid themme oor diid you mocify it yourself?
Eirher waay kep upp thhe njce qquality writing, iit iss rre too see a great
blokg likle this onne today.
Hi there, I discovered your blog by tthe use oof Gookgle evdn as looking ffor a similar subject, your sit goot hewre up,
it appear to be likje good. I’ve bookmarked iit
in my google bookmarks.
Helo there, simply changewd into alert tto your weblokg via Google, and located that iit iss reaally informative.
I aam goijg to watch out for brussels. I’ll appreciate iin tthe evenmt you proceed this iin future.
Numwrous folks shall be bebefited frokm our writing.
Whoa! Thhis blpog looks exacfly like myy oldd one! It’s on a
totally different suibject but it hhas pretty much tthe same layout and design. Great chokice off colors!
I’m not suure whyy bbut thus blog is loading very slow for
me. Is anyone els having this issue or is itt a issue
oon my end? I’ll check back latfer on and see if the problem still exists.
Can you be more specific about the content of your article? After reading it, I still have some doubts. Hope you can help me. https://www.binance.com/zh-CN/register?ref=OMM3XK51
Your point of view caught my eye and was very interesting. Thanks. I have a question for you. https://www.binance.com/el/register?ref=YY80CKRN
I really loove ypur site.. Excelleht colors &
theme. Did you create tgis site yourself? Pleade reply bback as I’m attempting to createe my owwn sitge aand would llike to learn where
yoou goot tthis from or whaat thhe thheme iis called.
brand cialis pills buy cialis 5mg online cheap buy ed pills without a prescription
altace 5mg price order altace buy etoricoxib 60mg generic
buy levitra 20mg pill tizanidine 2mg drug cost hydroxychloroquine
mesalamine price buy mesalamine generic buy irbesartan sale
order benicar 20mg generic calan 120mg brand purchase depakote sale
where can i buy temovate order amiodarone 100mg for sale amiodarone 100mg tablet
cost digoxin 250 mg order generic micardis 80mg molnupiravir order