When it comes to taking care of our hair, there are certain tips that are general irrespective of your hair type. Whether your hair is straight, curly, dry, oily, or any other type, these tips apply. Below are few hair care tips everyone should know:
- USE LUKEWARM WATER TO WASH HAIR: Using too hot water to wash your hair can strip it of essential oil which can make your hair appear dull and feel dry. Instead use lukewarm water which won’t be harsh on your hair and will achieve the aim of keeping your hair clean.
- APPLY CONDITIONER CORRECTLY: We are aware that conditioner helps soften the hair and helps with detangling. But are we sure we are applying it correctly? Avoid applying conditioner to the root of the hair and start applying from mid-length to the tip of the hair. Applying conditioner at the root can weigh your hair down.
- FOCUS SHAMPOO ON YOUR SCALP: Unlike conditioner that should be focused on the length and ends of the hair, shampoo should be focused on the scalp as that is where oil and hair products build up.
- RINSE PROPERLY: After shampooing and conditioning, the next thing is rinsing away all the products. This should be done thoroughly as it can leave buildup of products if not done properly.
- TRIM OFF SPLIT ENDS: Split ends are sometimes inevitable in as much as we try to care for our hair. It is best to trim them off rather than try to seal them up.
- HYDRATE YOUR HAIR: Keeping your hair hydrated keeps it looking healthy and strong. You can apply any hair oil of your choice onto damp hair, irrespective of your hair type.
- USE WIDE-TOOTH COMB ON DAMP OR WET HAIR: Wet hair tends to break easily and makes detangling difficult.
Image Credit: pinterest.com